Saturday, May 22, 2010

How can I recover files from a corrupt or faulty compact flash card?

I have a Kingston Technology 2GB "Elite Pro" 50x speed CompactFlash card that died half-way through my vacation, I basically want to know if there is any way I can recover the photos (from my sister's wedding) that are on the card.





I have a Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 5D, and while using it in this camera it stopped working for no apparant reason - I took photos in the morning no problem, I turn the camera on an hour or so later to snap some more and it tells me that it can't read the card, and asks if I want to format it.





I've tried it in a Canon Digital Rebel XT - the camera won't turn on with this CF card inserted. I've tried it in a couple of other digital cameras that report read errors and so won't access the contents. I've tried a few card readers on my PC, but none of them will let Windows 'see' that a card has been inserted.





I've since filled a number of other CF cards without issue, and so the camera is not at fault.

How can I recover files from a corrupt or faulty compact flash card?
image recover software from LEXMAR

Football Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment