Saturday, May 22, 2010

When choosing a Xd flash memory for my camera, does the camera speed matter?

I'm going to buy a Xd-flash memory card in a few days, but as the world will have it, there are two types, M and H. Although I've found a bargain online for a type H memory card, I just need to know one thing: will it be a possibility that I buy a fastspeed H card, but my camera itself won't be able to keep up with the speed of the card? So basically, is it like one camera can use all cards, or is it that I must have a certain memory card for a certain camera speed?

When choosing a Xd flash memory for my camera, does the camera speed matter?
Actually, some Fuji %26amp; Olympus cameras can read only one format (there is a greater difference than simply read/write speed), regardless of actual speed capabilities. Check your user manual, and only use the version it lists, even if it's faster than you think you need. If you can use either, then get the fast-speed card. If you decide to upgrade your camera in the next few years, then it's more likely that the high speed (newer technology) card will be compatible with the newer camera. Also, if you are using a high-speed card reader to download your pictures to your computer, then the faster card will reduce your upload/download times, even if the camera's performance isn't affected by the higher speed card's abilities.


Remember, it's a one time cost, so a few extra dollars for extra options isn't a bad idea.
Reply:Be nice if we had the model. If its a camera that is under $400, no speed does not matter. Standard is fine since I do not think you will be doing sport countious shoot. I do not even think your camera can process pictures that fast in the first place. So spending extra on a card when your camera can even keep up with the card will be a waste of money. Why buy an engine that goes 200MPH when your car can only handle 100MPH?

PDA

No comments:

Post a Comment