Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Trying to make a compact flash card bootable?

My problem: I have 6 point of sale terminals which have 32mb or 64mb compact flash cards for hard drives.





I am trying to replace these with 1GB cards. I did this for one machine a few months ago using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. However, when I'm trying to do it now I keep getting Non System disk errors.





Can anyone help - any alternatives would be appreciated.





FYI, I do have a compact flash reader that plugs into my XP computer.

Trying to make a compact flash card bootable?
I don't have an actual answer, but instead some questions that might point towards the right direction:





1. Does all the Terminals have the same firmware? maybe you need to upgrade (or maybe downgrade) the firmware to match the one that did work?





2. Did you try to copy the exact contents of the card that did work, to the other card you were formating? maybe you created the first one with some attribute or flag set on/off which makes the difference?





3. Did you try to use the same card that worked, on a different Terminal? maybe there are some options enabled or disabled on the device it self ?





4. Are all the cards the same (size, contents and so on)?





Hope this helps ...

White Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment